Qualtrics is a free, user-friendly, web-based survey software available to University of Kansas faculty, staff, and students. It is a sophisticated yet flexible survey service with the functionality to create professional quality surveys and reports.
Guidelines for Use
Use of Qualtrics Online Surveys is limited to University of Kansas faculty, staff, and students for academic and research use only.
Users of Qualtrics Online Surveys must follow these guidelines:
- Ensure their surveys are in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements and legislation.
- Survey creators should note that some Qualtrics question types do not meet common accessibility requirements. Qualtrics includes a tool that survey creators can use to check their survey for possible accessibility issues.
- Ensure compliance with Qualtrics terms of service.
- For surveys intended to go to the entire campus or a large subset of students, faculty, or staff, follow the Survey Review and Approval Process. Contact AIREfirstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Ensure copyright and other legal compliance, consistency with University policy and guidelines, and best practice.
- All KU surveys must follow guidelines provided in the KU Data Classification and Handling Policy.
For administrative support in the University of Kansas Qualtrics license, complete the Qualtrics Administrative Support Request Form linked at the bottom of this page. Administrative support includes:
- Transferring survey ownership
- Troubleshoot account issues
- Create or update a user group
- General Qualtrics project questions
For other technical support, visit Qualtrics support directly:
- Search Qualtrics support documentation at https://www.qualtrics.com/support
- Contact Qualtrics support with the "Contact Support" button on the above page
- Select the sign in option "Sign In With SSO"
- Use the Organization ID "kusurvey"
- Follow the prompts to be connected with Qualtrics support staff
Additional Qualtrics Resources
Qualtrics Administrative Support Request Form
Swipe to see more